Spanish Style Pea and Jamon Soup
150g Jamon Serrano
1 medium onion, chopped finely
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 small bay leaves
A small bunch of mint
450g fresh or frozen peas
1 litre chicken stock
1. Start by slicing the Jamon as shown in the video. Put 1/3rd of the Jamon into a frying pan on a low heat and cook until crispy, you can add a little oil if you like.
2. Next, chop the onion finely and add to a medium-hot pot with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Once the onions are starting to colour, add the garlic and bay leaves and stir occasionally for a few more minutes.
3. Then add the chopped mint (saving some to sprinkle on top later) and the remaining 2/3rds Jamon and stir in until well incorporated. Add the chicken stock and bring up to a simmer.
4. Add the peas and cook for 1/2 minutes. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve hot with some crispy Jamon, olive oil and freshly chopped mint.